After the USAAF decided to close the Plainview Pre-Glider School in 1943, Clent Breedlove moved his operation to Lamesa Army Air Field just north of Lamesa, TX. Currently, Joe S. Cope owns this property. One of the two original hangars still exist on this site along with many concrete foundations in very good to excellent condition. These concrete foundations were where the many auxiliary buildings of Lamesa AAF once stood, such as control tower, mess hall, and barracks.
More will be added about Lamesa AAF in the upcoming weeks including many photographs.