The first photo is of Breedlove Airport (BA) taken in March, 1951 Breedlove Airport was closed in 1947. The Breedloves returned from Las Vegas, New Mexico (by then their home) to finish moth-balling the airport in 1948. This aerial photo was taken from the northwest of BA looking southeast. Construction of Paymaster Cotton Seed Oil Mill to the east is in its early stages. The cars and trucks on site are using BA as the headquarters for building the oil seed mill. Note the single-engine plane to the west of the large semi-trucks. The semi-trucks are using the concrete slab where the second-largest hangar used to be located as an outdoor workbench on which to unload tools and equipment for the oil mill. Photo courtesy Dale Stone of ADM (formerly Paymaster), October, 2006.
This next image below is a map of Lubbock on which Earl Dietering, pilot instructor at Breedlove Airport, marked the locations of BA on east 50th street and Dagley Field (DF) at 34th and Quaker Ave. BA was 219 acres and DF was 160 acres.
The last image is a ground photo taken in 1942 or 1943 of Breedlove Airport looking northwest. The photo was most likely taken by renowned Lubbock photographer Winston Reeves who was a pilot instructor in the CPTP for Clent Breedlove. The plane in front of the bi-plane is an Ercoupe (or Aircoupe). The photo is courtesy Harold Humphries, chief pilot instructor for Clent Breedlove in the CPTP.
Below is a photograph of the Parts Room (or Shop) at Breedlove Airport. The Parts Room was the middle hangar-looking building, 50' x 60'. According to Earl Dietering, planes were repaired in the front part of the Parts Room and the counter with parts behind it was located further towards the back of the building. Jarvis Nowell is the middle man in the photograph. Photo was provided to me on loan in August, 2010 by Ted Kingsbery, Clent Breedlove's grandson. As noted at the bottom of the photograph, the photo was taken by Winston Reeves.
Typical TaylorCraft plane used at Breedlove Airport and Dagley Field. These planes and others similar to them comprised the Putt-Putt Air Force so named because of the characteristic "putt-putt, putt-putt" sound the 65 horsepower engines made when idling.
Photo courtesy online TaylorCraft website.